The Letter D

Just a small insight into the letter D and his life.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weeeeee! Dang, the weekends gone!

Dash
Main Entry: 1dash Pronunciation: 'dash
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English dasshen, probably from Middle French dachier to impel forwardtransitive verb

This weekend has been a busy one! I had the Princess all weekend and perhaps that is why I am sitting here late Sunday night wondering where the weekend went to.

Well, Operation Overhaul (that's what I'm calling this dieting thing) went ok for the most part this weekend. I did manage to go to the park and walk the dogs a great deal. Now that may not seem like a lot but it is. I had to take them one at a time. This means taking one over and walking several times around the park. Then walking that one home getting the other, returning to the park and walking that one several times around the park. All in all more walking than I am use to doing so it was a good thing.

Now due to the extra walking of course my back has been hurting today. I expect this and realize that it is a catch 22 situation. I need to lose weight to easy the pressure on my back but to do this it will hurt my back. I have hopes that at some point it will not hurt as much. Hopefully once I get use to walking again. I doubt I will ever reach the "running" stage as I fear that will place undue strain on my lower back and do more damage than good.

In other news seems I have to make a doctor's appointment for a physical. I've missed enoug days from work due to my back problems that they want me to start a special program ran by the state. In short it will allow me to miss as much as 12 weeks worth of work (without pay of course) and not get into any trouble. As it is now we're allowed to have 12 unexpected absences for the year and I am already at 11. I really hate going to the doctors and being poked and proded. Then again I do not want to hear that things are worse than they were a few years back when I last went.

I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home