The Letter D

Just a small insight into the letter D and his life.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 13, 2006

okaaaaaaay.......

dream ( P ) Pronunciation Key (drm)n.
A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.
A daydream; a reverie.
A state of abstraction; a trance.
A wild fancy or hope.
A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration: a dream of owning their own business.

You hear stories of people who have vivid dreams every night..”This happened and then this happened and then this”. Well, I am not one of those people. I very seldom recall any dreams I may have. I know they say everyone dreams it’s just that I never recall my dreams. Seriously, if I can wake up in the morning and recall even a portion of a dream it is truly amazing. This only happens maybe twice a year. Of course it could be due to the long hours I keep and hence I am usually dead tired when I final fall into bed.

Well, last night after only being asleep for 2 hours I had such a vivid dream that it actually woke me up. As I lay there for the next 20 minutes thinking about the dream many things went through my head. People say that should you die in your dreams then you’ll die for real. I’m not sure I believe that and I certainly do NOT want to put it to the test. Perhaps that I came near to dying in my dream last night is why even now, nearly 20 hours later I still recall what I dreamed about.

Imagine the world as you know it now with houses, buildings, street and the human beings that adorn them. Now imagine that this is all located underground and the ceiling of the rock above your head gives off the impression of day light and a real sky. Now imagine that the lower crust of society lives there under ground. Your poor, homeless, criminals, drug pushers and what not. Spread about the world is places where through a series of levels there is a way to the surface. It’s hard to explain but image that each series or level is the size of about a football field and has living spaces on it with hallways between them that eventually lead to the next level down. Eventually the levels lead down to the main level where the roads and such are at. Basically a complete civilization underground.

In my dream state the lower half of society was forced to live there well the upper half lived above ground and were, for the most part, blissfully unaware of what lived below them. Now imagine that something, many somethings were created or let loose below and went on a killing spree. Not just any something but something that was monstrous and only remotely humanish. Something that had incredible strength and the singular desire to kill. Now imagine trying to escape from these horrors. Imagine all that and you’d be close to my dream.
So what’s it all mean? Not sure. Maybe it was that burrito I had for dinner?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home