The Letter D

Just a small insight into the letter D and his life.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

When it pours...it rains

Todays word is DAMP!

Main Entry: 1damp



Pronunciation: 'damp
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle Dutch or Middle Low German, vapor; akin to Old High German
damph
vapor

1 : a noxious gas -- compare BLACK DAMP, FIREDAMP
2 : MOISTURE: a : HUMIDITY, DAMPNESS b archaic : FOG, MIST
3 a : DISCOURAGEMENT, CHECK b archaic : DEPRESSION, DEJECTION

WOW who knew there were so many definitions for that word!

Well, it has been raining almost non-stop for four days here now. I think I saw my neighbor Noah, laying the foundation for his ark this morning.

Of course with the bad weather comes other problems. My back has started to act up again. Damp cold weather throws it into fits. I've had a pretty good past two months with it so I guess I shouldn't complain...but where's the fun in that?

Last night, got home and the kids had waited up for me so we could do a birthday cake and I could open their presents. Kind of made me forget about the bad events of the day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home