The Letter D

Just a small insight into the letter D and his life.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

What a Day!

Today's word is DMV

For those not in the United States that stands for Department of Motor Vehicles...otherwise known as the endless void of standing in line.

Well, today was a fun day...NOT! Spent 4 hours down at the courthouse trying to get the final papers on the divorce signed and filed.

Personally I think they do this thing the wrong way. I think getting married should take endless hours of waiting and signing papers and an approval by a Judge. Getting divorced should just take the two of you to go down and get a Divorce License, sign it, pay the $20 and be done with it.

Forms to fill out forms was the name of the game today. Of course the fact that we had downloaded the forms off their web site and filled them out only to bring them in and find out they don't accept those forms any more made it all the more fun. After 4 hours with a Family Lgal Facilitator (Nice fancy name for a paper pusher) I was sent across the street to have a paper noterized when I suddenly discovered, upon presenting my drivers license to verify my idenetity, that the license had expired LAST YEAR!

So now I will be making a trip to the DMV to have it renewed and then to a Notery to have the paper signed. Then back to the courthouse on November 23rd to turn in all the final paperwork.

Did I mention it was raining cats and dogs today as well? Great way to spend my birthday no? Maybe next year I can manage something better....like getting hit by a bus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home