The Letter D

Just a small insight into the letter D and his life.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Time flies...just not fast enough

Today's D word is decapitation.

Main Entry: de·cap·i·tate
Pronunciation: di-'ka-p&-"tAt, dE-
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -tat·ed; -tat·ing
Etymology: Late Latin decapitatus, past participle of decapitare, from Latin de- + capit-, caput head -- more at HEAD

Sorry for the delay in posting folks as well as for the choice of words. The above term should be used for Lawyers as well as marriage mediators.

There I was believing that all was fine and that I’d be going to court on the 19th of this month and my divorce would be finalized. Thing 2 and I paid a marriage mediator $300 apiece to do the paperwork and submit it. There is a 6 months waiting period here in Cali. Well I never received word of the court date till Thing 2 informed me of it. Contacted the mediator and it appears that nothing has been done other than the petition to get the divorce. We has spent an hour and hal talking with the guy about the things we had agreed on and left his office believing all we needed to do was wait for the 6 months to be over. Turns out on the petition he merely said that we’d submit our agreements later. He even managed to put Thing 2’s name wrong on the paperwork.

Now, does he not only have the nerve to say that he’ll finish everything else for an additional $500 he also claims that I never paid him. Thankfully it was by check so I will be getting a copy of the cashed check to show otherwise. Needless to say this has not been a good week!

I wonder if I can do a double decapitation on him, starting with the lower one of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home