The Letter D

Just a small insight into the letter D and his life.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dieting

damnation
Main Entry: dam·na·tion Pronunciation: dam-'nA-sh&nFunction: noun: the act of damning : the state of being damned

Yes, I think that is about right between the title and the word of the day.

For the past 4 days I have been living off of celery, green apples, bananas, peanutbutter and grapefruit. OK, so I do have a cup of coffee in the morning and evening as well as a light meal for dinner. other than that I have cut out all sweets. I even switched to sugar free creamer at home. let me just say that sugar free is far better than fat free as far as taste goes.

So why the sudden change in eating habits? I could use the old adage of "I ain't gettin any younger" but that wouldn't be truly..well partially true I guess. Ever get a good look at yourself in the mirror and wonder who the heck that person was looking back at you? We for me it was a photo and not a mirror but it had the same affect.

Ten years of back problems, 20+ years of not eating correctly to the point that your metabolism has slowed to a crawl and would be going in reverse if it could go there and 28 years of smoking....well lets just say it doesn't paint a pretty picture. So I have elected to lose at least 40 lbs with an open end date so there is no pressure. If I can do that then next will be tackling the smoking issue.

Now 20 plus years of not eating correctly is a hard thing to reverse. By not eating correctly I mean eating one mean eating one meal a day and snacking (not the good kind) lightly. All of that no doubt has the motab in starvation mode. So the first course of action is to get the metabolism working correctly again. I figure that alone will take a month or so. I've been chowing down all day long for the past 4 days except for in the evening on healthy stuff like celery, apples and grapefruit. I'm a regular walking V8!

Now of course there are other reasons as well. Losing 40 lbs will do wonders for my back I believe. When I injured my back I was an over slim 175 which means I am carrying around an additional *cough* pounds right now. I'll be happy if I can get down to below 220lbs. The other reason is I realized that it has been over 4 years since Thing 2 and I split. Things have been a bit lonely and if I ever want to find a partner for the rest of my life I need to pretty up the package and make myself more presentable.

So there are a lot of posative things going on here. Down sides are forcing myself to eat more often and the ungodly amount of fiber I'm taking in. I think my body thinks I've lost my mind! I'm going to weigh myself this weekend...wanted to get a few days in before doing that. Also next week gonna start walking during the hour for lunch and then again when I get home form work.

I need to find a "Pimp My Ride" that works on real bodies instead of car bodies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home